Thursday, April 12, 2007

Reflection On Easter

As I reflect on this past weekend I am still amazed at what Christ did for us on that cross 2000 years ago. It’s just so inconceivable that He was willing to come down to earth and take our sin who knew no sin. How humble is God to do that for people who rebel against Him daily.

I know why I celebrate Easter everyday in my heart and give Him praise and thanks. It’s because I know how I want to do what is right 100% of the time but I just can’t do it. Even though I self examine my own heart all the time it is wicked beyond belief. I don’t want to sin but I do.

But Jesus has stood in my place and took my debt. I was going over some passages in Acts since that is the book my pastor is going through right now and in Acts 13:37-39 Dr. Luke writes:

37 but He whom God raised up saw no corruption. 38 Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through this Man is preached to you the forgiveness of sins; 39 and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses.

The law convicts my heart and I know there is no way to keep it. I love when God tells us we are justified by Christ. What other hope would we have without Him? Let’s celebrate Easter everyday giving Him thanks for the death and resurrection that paid our debt. It is the only event in history that will have forever eternal consequences.

All Praise, All Worship, All Glory, All Honor goes to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Wes
Galatians 2:20


No comments: