Monday, April 2, 2007

Adam and Eve, Did They Exist

We are studying over Genesis 3 and the fall of man in our men’s bible study. I have heard from many people the following quote, “You don’t really believe in the story of Adam and Eve do you”?

If Adam and Eve did not exist why the heck would I even need a Savior. Am I really a fallen creature? How would I know that sin separates me from God? It was their very act of disobedience that lets me know why I need a Savior.

Paul states in 1 Corinthians 9:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.

I believe that if anyone of us were in Adam’s shoes we would have all made the same choice. We are sinners against God. He has given us the free moral will to choose right and wrong but all of us have chosen to do wrong. Adam was just the first to do it.

But like Paul says death was brought in the world by Adam BUT God has provided an escape from death and that is through His Son Jesus Christ. When Adam sinned against God, He could have wiped us from the earth and started over again. But instead He was willing to take our shame upon the cross. God was willing to pay our debt.

I believe in Adam and Eve because Jesus Himself quoted the scriptures in Genesis and many other locations. He states in Matthew 19 4-5 the following

4 And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?

This was a direct quote from Genesis 2:24.

For further study on the infallibility of scripture you can read a very good article from Answers in Genesis found HERE and HERE.


Wes
Galatians 2:20


No comments: