Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Grey Areas

I am pretty much a black and white kind of guy when it comes to what is right and wrong. But there are some gray areas for us who are followers of Christ. I pretty much like to fall on the most conservative views but there is freedom in Christ. He has given us choices in many areas of our lives, but how do I choose these freedoms and know its ok to do them.

Some of things would include movies I see, music I listen too, how do I spend my free time etc...

John MacArthur has a very insightful article that address these concerns and questions to ask yourself on how to decide what would be good or not.

Will it benefit me spiritually?
Will it bring bondage?
Will it defile God’s temple?
Will it cause anyone to stumble?
Will it further the cause of evangelism?
Will it violate my conscience?
Will it bring glory to God?

MacArthur ends the article by saying “So what questions do you have? Run them through the principles above and enjoy your freedom in Christ – the freedom to be what He created you to be!”

Here is a link to the full article with detailed explanations of the 7 questions above. Click Here

All Praise, All Honor, All Glory go to my King of kings and Lord of lords Jesus Christ.

Wes
Galatians 2:20


No comments: