Thursday, April 19, 2007

I Love You Noah

This entry is to my son Noah who is 6 years old. I want to share with you Noah how proud you have made your Father and your dad. I see your caring and warm heart and most of all I already see Jesus working in your life at 6 years old. I hope one day you read this and you know how precious you are to me and how much I love you. Here is the story of our next door neighbor Craig.

Noah,
We were outside in the front yard washing dad’s car when you saw Craig pull up in his driveway. As usual you ran over to the side of the driveway and yelled HI CRAIG and started waving. You always have a smile on your face when you see him and are so kind to him.

On this particular day Craig waved back and entered his house. You came back over to me and started helping me again with the car. You then turned to me and asked me if Craig believed in Jesus. My heart sank in my chest because dad knows that Craig seems to be interested at times about Jesus but I know he doesn’t believe in Jesus. The look on your face I will never forget. Your jaw dropped and the sadness that covered your face almost broke my heart alone.

You said to me dad we need to go over right now and tell him about Jesus I don’t want to see Craig go to Hell(the dark place). I said I know buddy but dad has shared Jesus with Craig and asked him to come to church but he doesn’t want to come yet. You insisted we have to go tell him. You said does he know what is going to happen if he doesn’t believe. I told you I have told him.

But you were not satisfied with that. Here is your heart Noah that makes me so proud to be your dad. You told me I am going to make Craig a picture of the cross and tell him how Jesus died for him and give him one of my bibles. Noah, you have more character and concern for the lost then most evangelicals today.

The next day you called me on my cell phone and left the most precious message how you had finished the picture and you had your bible all ready to give to him. You asked me as soon as I get home if we can go over and give it to him. Which we did.

We have prayed together for Craig and we will see what God does in his heart. Keep your faith young man. Pastor John always tells us it’s how we finish the race which is the most important thing. I pray for you Noah that you continue to learn more and more about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I love you more than anything and I can’t wait to spend an eternity worshiping God with you, mom, Nathan and Nolan and hopefully Craig too. Love your dad.

Wes
Galatians 2:20


No comments: