Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I AM

Well a couple of you guys were asking about getting a copy of the video I put together for this mornings sermon. I have tried to compress it as best as I can but it is still a 28 MB download. So if you are not on a high speed connection don't bother trying to get it.

How awesome is our God? The promises Jesus makes in Revelation to the church's and us is just so amazing. I love all the statements that He makes about Himself and how it encourages me that we have a God who sees all, is in control of all, and that His will is done.

I was blessed doing this study beyond measure. I don't deserve these things but I am so thankful for what my Lord and Saviour does for us. I am encouraged when Jesus tells each of the seven church's the following statements about overcoming and having eternal life with Him.

Revelation 2:7b
To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God.

Revelation 2:11b
He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death.

Revelation 2:17b
To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it

Revelation 2:26
And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations—

Revelation 3:5
He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

Revelation 3:12
He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.

Revelation 3:21
To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

How do we overcome? John tells us exactly how we overcome in 1 John 5:4-5

4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. 5 Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

It is our repentance, belief and zeal for God that saves us. It is the belief that Christ paid the sins for those who repent and put their faith in Him. There is nothing we can do on our own without Christ.

John 15:5
I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

Lord we thank you for doing everything.

All praise, all worship, all honor, all glory goes to the King of kings and Lord of lords.

Here is the video I hope you enjoy.

Wes
Galatians 2:20


No comments: