Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Humility - Empty Me

Andrew Murray wrote one of my favorite books called Humility The Journey Towards Holiness. It is a pretty short book but very powerful at a 110 pages you can finish it in a few hours.

This is the third time I have read it and again it leads me to self examine my motives and what I am doing and why I am doing it. Murray does an excellent job focusing on the ultimate act of humility and that is our Lord and Savior willing to lay His life down for us. Can you just imagine the God that created us is willing to die for us and shed His innocent blood for our wickedness.

Murray goes on to explain that if there is any pride left in us than how can we be completely filled with Holy Spirit. Until I am willing to empty myself I am not going to be completely filled with Christ. This seems almost an impossible task at hand, I try and try to empty my wants, my needs, what I think I should do and give them all to Christ. But how fast do I try and take the reigns in control again. My flesh is so week and the spiritual warfare is so present.

Paul writes in Philipians 2:5-9 the following:

5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 
6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, 
7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature[b] of a servant, 
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death, even death on a cross! 
9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,

We need to try to make ourselves nothing and take the role of being a servant. I definitely don’t hear this message coming from the prosperity gospel teachers like Joel Osteen, Crephlo Dollar, Paula White and the likes. Instead of denying and humbling myself I am to demand that God gives me what I deserve. It is all about me and how I feel and my self esteem. Do these guys even read their bibles?

How much more Christlike would we be if we could empty ourselves and fill our lives with Christ. How much better would our lives be if we were willing to be complete servants of Christ.

Jesus Said in Luke 9:23-24
And he said to them, If any one will come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me; 24 for whosoever shall desire to save his life shall lose it, but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake, he shall save it

We, me, need to deny ourselves way more we need to empty our pride and follow Christ.

All Praise, All Worship, All Glory, All Honor, All Love to the King of kings and Lord of lords. Jesus Christ!

Wes
Galatians 2:20


No comments: