Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Get Up And Run The Race

This entry is completely directed towards myself. I need to hear this message.

Have you fallen, have you messed up, are you beating yourself up for something you did that you know was wrong? Are you asking yourself questions like how can Christ possibly love me with my wicked heart. I should just throw in the towel I can’t live the way Christ wants me to live 100% of the time.

But as I sit her and those thoughts enter my head am I truly in any other position with Christ than the day before? Did he really pay for my past present and future sins? I feel about like dirt right now and I know I have messed up but when we have blown it is the time we need to get on our knees the fastest. We need to ask for forgiveness first from God and then take the responsibility of rectifying what we have broken. I know there are consequences for our actions and I need to deal with those things. I also know what I sow is what I am going to reap. I am only made righteous by the blood of Jesus. And what is the righteous man or women supposed to do?

Proverbs 24:16 says:
For a righteous man may fall seven times. And rise again, but the wicked shall fall by calamity.

We need to get up and keep moving forward. We need to run the race and finish no matter what it takes. I need to keep my eyes focused on Christ and rely on Him.

Just like my pastor always says it’s not how we start the race that matters but how we finish. We can’t give up ever even though the evil one would love nothing more than for us to quit the race.

Tomorrow is a new day and I get to keep running. Thank you Jesus

Here is a great article from John MacAurthur that has helped me today called Running the Race

Wes
Galatians 2:20


No comments: