Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Dying with Cancer - My Mom - Mother of 3 - Wife of One - A Lover of Jesus

12 years ago my mom was diagnosed with brain and lung cancer. It was a day I will never forget. My world came crashing down around me with complete disbelief in what was happening. I remember I wanted to just crawl up in a ball and sleep it away. She had less than a 1% chance of surviving more than 6 months. 12 years later after brain surgery and a lung removal it has come back in a vengeful way. Monday January 14th 2008 my mom has been given less than a week to live. They have found a massive tumor in her brain and now is in a hospital bed in the middle of my sister’s house waiting to make her final journey to home. A home that Christ has promised to her, to me and to you if we are willing to turn to Him.

Today she is still alive in and out of consciousness. I have been able to pray with her, read scripture to her and sing praises to her. But most of all I want to HONOR her and glorify God with her life. This is my first attempt into honoring my mom who has meant the world to me in so many ways.

If you have read my testimony or known anything about me I lived a life of pretty much debauchery for 29 years. Yes my parents took me to church all the way up until I was 16 and I basically said I am not going back. They tried to give me a good foundation (which they did) but I pretty much rejected everything in the church and wanted to live for Wes.

But who was praying for me? Who never stopped believing that God could change me? Who, through I am sure tearful nights, kept her faith strong? My mother, through the love of Christ in her heart. It was her faithful prayers that God answered. All of her children are living for Christ today. Between the 3 of us right now she has 6 grand kids and they are all being raised to know Christ. One women’s prayers have made an impact in this world. She has two children in ministry and one who loves the Lord with all her heart.

One women’s prayer after 30 years saved a marriage. One women’s prayers have saved a family. One women’s prayers can impact the world for Christ. One of the things I am going to miss the most is knowing there will be one less powerful prayer warrior who prayed for me all the time will be gone. I love you mom. I can’t wait to see you again the way you were to be created from the beginning of time. All my hope is in Christ and I thank you for your faithful prayers that He pulled me from death to life because of you.

No comments: