Monday, September 17, 2007

Prosperity Gospel Continues

Our church has been studying through the book of Acts for the last year, I keep wondering how these prosperity teachers explain why Paul wasn’t living in a mansion being chauffeured around in his limousine eating finger sandwiches with Grey Poupon mustard.

Paul’s life was anything but the life of worldly pleasures and worldly prosperity. But we know he was rich in spiritual blessings. Lets read from 2 Corinthians 11:24-29

24 From the Jews five times I received forty stripes minus one. 25 Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep; 26 in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; 27 in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness— 28 besides the other things, what comes upon me daily: my deep concern for all the churches. 29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is made to stumble, and I do not burn with indignation?

I wonder if it Paul didn’t have enough faith? Maybe if he had sown some more $77.77 seeds of faith to the local evangelist he would have been blessed more and God would have given him that special secret he always desired.

Or maybe if he would have read Joel Osteen’s heresy book on Your Best Life Now he would have faired much better. But I digress. Check out these two video clips for a good laugh. One is completely a spoof and sadly the other one is not. Check it out.


All praise, all worship, all glory, all honor, go to the King of kings and Lord of lords, Jesus Christ.

Wes
Galatians 2:20


No comments: