Monday, May 7, 2007

Pity Party - One Of Those Days

This has been one of those days. My cell phone got suspended for not making a payment (I did it over the phone over a week ago but I hung up before I go the confirmation code). My boss told a group of us that he expects us to spend the next 2 weeks spending 18 hour days working on this project (Sat and Sun). I had someone call me stupid and ridiculous because of something simple I asked of him. I feel overwhelmed with so much on my plate that I just don’t have time to do everything that needs to be done.

SOOOOO, I have a pity party with me, myself and I thinking in my mind how great it would be just to run away from it all. I had thoughts of just wishing Jesus would come back and end this day for me.

Finally at 3:15 I get to go to lunch and as I was leaving my office I grabbed my bible and my ipod and headed for the elevator. I hit shuffle on my ipod and one of my favorite songs comes on. Rise Up from Third Day. All I can say as I listened to the words and how much God loves us and cares about us my pity partied ended. I think about what he has done for me and I am so pathetic.

We (I am speaking to myself here) are so fast to forget that Christ has taken my shame upon that cross. My selfishness, my sins, my pride He paid my debt and I don’t even deserve it. I prayed and asked for forgiveness and was blessed with my daily bible reading through 1 Kings 17:12-16. God provides so much for us.

12 So she said, “As the Lord your God lives, I do not have bread, only a handful of flour in a bin, and a little oil in a jar; and see, I am gathering a couple of sticks that I may go in and prepare it for myself and my son, that we may eat it, and die.”
13 And Elijah said to her, “Do not fear; go and do as you have said, but make me a small cake from it first, and bring it to me; and afterward make some for yourself and your son. 14 For thus says the Lord God of Israel: ‘The bin of flour shall not be used up, nor shall the jar of oil run dry, until the day the Lord sends rain on the earth.’”
15So she went away and did according to the word of Elijah; and she and he and her household ate for many days. 16 The bin of flour was not used up, nor did the jar of oil run dry, according to the word of the Lord which He spoke by Elijah.

He simply provided me with a song that cheered my heart then blessed me with this account of how He provides for us. He is willing to take our pains.

Here is a snippet of the lyrics in Rise Up by Third Day.

You’ve tried so hard to make it on your own
That your heart has come undone
So I am here to prove that I alone
Have the power to overcome

Don't let your heart be troubled
This world will never keep you down
It will never keep you down

So rise up, my friend
No, this will never be the end
So rise up, my friend
And live again

I didn’t want you to feel this way
It's not what life was meant to be
And so for you, my friend, I’ll take your shame
You can give it all to me

All Glory, All Honor, All Praise go to Jesus who has given us His all. Thank You Lord.

Wes
Galatians 2:20


No comments: